Mountain lion sighting reported in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was seen in a neighborhood in Woodside this morning, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The cat was seen near Tripp Road and Tripp Court at about 9:45 a.m., officials said.
Residents are advised to never approach a mountain lion.
Anyone who encounters a mountain lion should face the animal, make noise, and try to appear larger by waving arms and throwing rocks, emergency officials said.
More information about mountain lions is available at www.keepmewild.org.
animal, mountain lion sighting, woodside, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 1 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown