Mountain lion sighting reported in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was seen in a neighborhood in Woodside this morning, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The cat was seen near Tripp Road and Tripp Court at about 9:45 a.m., officials said.
Residents are advised to never approach a mountain lion.
Anyone who encounters a mountain lion should face the animal, make noise, and try to appear larger by waving arms and throwing rocks, emergency officials said.
More information about mountain lions is available at www.keepmewild.org.
animal, mountain lion sighting, woodside, peninsula news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 26 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday