Mountain lion sighting reported in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was seen in a neighborhood in Woodside this morning, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The cat was seen near Tripp Road and Tripp Court at about 9:45 a.m., officials said.
Residents are advised to never approach a mountain lion.
Anyone who encounters a mountain lion should face the animal, make noise, and try to appear larger by waving arms and throwing rocks, emergency officials said.
More information about mountain lions is available at www.keepmewild.org.
animal, mountain lion sighting, woodside, peninsula news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire