Thief steals $14,000 in afternoon bank robbery
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Police are searching for a man who robbed a Chase Bank branch in Daly City on Tuesday afternoon.
Daly City police Sgt. Mike Barton said a man walked into the branch at 5 Southgate Ave. shortly before 3 p.m. and passed a note to a teller demanding money.
He left the bank with about $14,000 and remains at large, Barton said.
Witnesses described the robber as a black man around 50 years old and 6 feet tall, with a stocky build, police said. He was wearing a beige suit, a white shirt and black shoes. The man was not believed to be armed, Barton said.
daly city, crime, peninsula news
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race 21 min ago
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6 43 min ago
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2 59 min ago
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday