19-year-old shot to death in East Palo Alto
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man in East Palo Alto Wednesday morning, a police spokeswoman said.
Officers were dispatched to the 2400 block of Gonzaga Street after the city's ShotSpotter system detected possible gunfire in that area at about 11:50 a.m., East Palo Alto police Officer Veronica Barries said.
Arriving officers found the victim, who had been shot multiple times, Barries said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the shooting before releasing more information, Barries said.
No one has been arrested in connection with the killing.
east palo alto, shooting, peninsula news
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond 52 min ago
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 31 min ago
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 17 min ago
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting 42 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident 50 min ago
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- United Airlines restarts 787 flights after grounding 4 min ago
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
17 min ago