Undercover operation nets $250,000 in pot
SAN MATEO COUNTY (KGO) -- Authorities in San Mateo County have seized $250,000 worth of marijuana after a three-month long undercover investigation.
Narcotics task force agents served five search warrants last week and found 640 pot plants, seven pounds of processed marijuana and $1,700 in suspected drug profits.
Agents also arrested three suspects, said to be members of an Asian drug trafficking organization. They face multiple drug-related charges and one for theft of utilities because the electricity panels had been bypassed at the grow sites. The suspects have been released on bail.
san mateo county, marijuana, pot bust, peninsula news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast 52 min ago
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 53 min ago
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge 12 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos