Fire damages Lucky supermarket in Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Firefighters spent more than two hours mopping up a one-alarm fire that broke out at a Lucky supermarket this morning, according to the North County Fire Authority.
Six fire companies, two chief officials and one fire investigators responded to the fire reported at 6843 Mission St. at about 8 a.m.
The first arriving firefighters found smoke and flames visible from the rear of the structure. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, which was contained to the area where it originated, according to the fire authority.
Everyone inside the store was safely evacuated, and no injuries were reported.
Firefighters spent approximately two hours on the scene to overhaul the fire, including ventilating the smoke from the building.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
daly city, fire, peninsula news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...