Fire damages Lucky supermarket in Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Firefighters spent more than two hours mopping up a one-alarm fire that broke out at a Lucky supermarket this morning, according to the North County Fire Authority.
Six fire companies, two chief officials and one fire investigators responded to the fire reported at 6843 Mission St. at about 8 a.m.
The first arriving firefighters found smoke and flames visible from the rear of the structure. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, which was contained to the area where it originated, according to the fire authority.
Everyone inside the store was safely evacuated, and no injuries were reported.
Firefighters spent approximately two hours on the scene to overhaul the fire, including ventilating the smoke from the building.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
daly city, fire, peninsula news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Google barge moved to the Port of Stockton
- Pedestrian safety plan announced in San Francisco
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space 45 min ago
- Cronut creator invents 'shots' of milk and cookies
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media...
45 min ago