Fire damages Lucky supermarket in Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Firefighters spent more than two hours mopping up a one-alarm fire that broke out at a Lucky supermarket this morning, according to the North County Fire Authority.
Six fire companies, two chief officials and one fire investigators responded to the fire reported at 6843 Mission St. at about 8 a.m.
The first arriving firefighters found smoke and flames visible from the rear of the structure. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, which was contained to the area where it originated, according to the fire authority.
Everyone inside the store was safely evacuated, and no injuries were reported.
Firefighters spent approximately two hours on the scene to overhaul the fire, including ventilating the smoke from the building.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
daly city, fire, peninsula news
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Former SF supe sued; New Sebastopol mayor 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday