San Carlos residents warned about burglars
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- Residents on the Peninsula are being warned of a new scheme with thieves posing as door-to-door magazine sales people.
The San Mateo County sheriff's office says on Sunday night in San Carlos a man and a woman pretending to be solicitors entered a home after asking to use the bathroom.
They took jewelry from that home. Sheriff's officials did not release an address. They're urging residents, especially in San Carlos not to answer solicitors or let them in the house.
san carlos, crime, peninsula news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident 3 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 59 min ago
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 22 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 26 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos