Mountain lion spotted in San Carlos Wednesday
SAN CARLOS, Calif. -- A possible mountain lion sighting was reported in San Carlos Wednesday afternoon, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
An animal that appeared to be a mountain lion was seen shortly after 2 p.m. in the 200 block of Clifford Avenue, near the Redwood City border.
Mountain lions generally avoid contact with humans. However, anyone who encounters a mountain lion is advised to make noise, try to appear larger and throw rocks or other objects at the animal.
animal, mountain lion sighting, san carlos, peninsula news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire