Mountain lion spotted in San Carlos Wednesday
SAN CARLOS, Calif. -- A possible mountain lion sighting was reported in San Carlos Wednesday afternoon, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
An animal that appeared to be a mountain lion was seen shortly after 2 p.m. in the 200 block of Clifford Avenue, near the Redwood City border.
Mountain lions generally avoid contact with humans. However, anyone who encounters a mountain lion is advised to make noise, try to appear larger and throw rocks or other objects at the animal.
animal, mountain lion sighting, san carlos, peninsula news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos