Firefighters in Daly City rescue man stranded down cliff
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Firefighters in Daly City rescued a man who was trapped down a 200-foot coastal cliff on Saturday afternoon.
Units responded to a report of a possible cliff rescue at Palisades Park at about 3:25 p.m., according to the North County Fire Authority.
Arriving crews found a man stranded about 200 feet down on the cliff, officials said.
The man was hoisted up the bluff in a safety harness, officials said.
The man suffered minor cuts and bruises and refused transport to a hospital, officials said.
The rescue operation was over in about an hour.
daly city, rescue, peninsula news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 6 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos