San Francisco man struck, killed on I-280
DALY CITY, Calif. -- A pedestrian was struck and killed early Saturday morning on southbound Interstate Highway 280 in Daly City, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The 27-year-old San Francisco man was hit by a vehicle that had been traveling south on I-280 just north of Eastmoor Avenue at about 4:30 a.m., and the vehicle fled the scene, according to the CHP.
The incident was reported at 4:33 a.m., when another vehicle struck the man.
According to the CHP, the number of vehicles that struck the man is still under investigation and a newer blue Prius was possibly involved.
North County Fire Authority personnel responded to the scene and located the man under one of two vehicles that had been involved in a collision.
The first arriving chief officer on scene reported one of the vehicles was on the right shoulder and another was in the two middle southbound lanes of the freeway.
The fatal crash blocked all but one lane of southbound traffic for several hours this morning, and a Sig-alert was issued at 4:54 a.m. That advisory was canceled when all lanes reopened at 7:57 a.m.
daly city, I-280, pedestrian struck, peninsula news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown 57 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated 52 min ago
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tyler, the Creator plays sold-out show after jail
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park 12 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 24 min ago
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 9 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Final words from jet came after system...
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos