Newly renovated health clinic opens doors
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. -- Residents of San Mateo County's coastal communities will celebrate expanded access to health care at the opening of a renovated health clinic in Half Moon Bay Thursday.
With more space and added health services, San Mateo Medical Center's Coastside Clinic will be able to accommodate twice as many patients each year as it did previously, San Mateo Health System spokeswoman Robyn Thaw said.
"There are additional rooms that will double the number of patients served," Thaw said.
Before the $1.7 million renovation, which was funded by a federal grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration, the Coastside Clinic was treating around 11,000 patients per year, Thaw said.
The expanded clinic will provide primary care for adults, pediatric care, gynecology, obstetrics, optometry, and mental and behavioral health services.
Dental services will also be available once a week on Wednesday evenings, Thaw said.
San Mateo County Supervisor Don Horsley will join San Mateo Medical Center CEO Dr. Susan Ehrlich, medical officials and community members at tonight's ribbon-cutting celebration, which starts at 5:30 p.m.
The clinic is located at 225 South Cabrillo Highway in Half Moon Bay.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Fatal accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 36 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown