Main rupture shuts down water supply in Montara
MONTARA, Calif. (KGO) -- A broken water main in the town of Montara has shut down water service to dozens of customers.
San Mateo County emergency officials say a local contractor appears to have accidentally ruptured a water main.
Water supply to up to 50 customers is out. Most of the affected homes and businesses are on 3rd Street between Highway 1 and Farallon Avenue.
Water supply is expected back within four to six hours.
water, peninsula news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY 32 min ago
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 12 min ago
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos