Main rupture shuts down water supply in Montara
MONTARA, Calif. (KGO) -- A broken water main in the town of Montara has shut down water service to dozens of customers.
San Mateo County emergency officials say a local contractor appears to have accidentally ruptured a water main.
Water supply to up to 50 customers is out. Most of the affected homes and businesses are on 3rd Street between Highway 1 and Farallon Avenue.
Water supply is expected back within four to six hours.
water, peninsula news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos