Man who died complained of head pain after fight
BURLINGAME, Calif. -- Police in Burlingame believe a 40-year-old man who was found dead in his apartment earlier this month likely died because of a head injury he suffered in a fight outside a San Francisco BART station three days earlier.
Nawindra "Mike" Singh told his friends that he bumped into another man as he was exiting the Powell Street station on his way to work at about 7 a.m. on April 5, Burlingame police Capt. Mike Matteucci said Wednesday.
Based on witness accounts and statements from his friends, police believe Singh and the suspect got into a physical fight, during which Singh was punched or pushed and hit his head on a wall or the ground, Matteucci said.
Singh refused medical attention at the scene, police said.
Over the next three days, Singh complained growing pain from hitting his head, police said.
The last time Singh made contact with his friends was at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, April 8, Matteucci said.
Police went to his apartment in the 800 block of Winchester Drive at about 5:40 p.m. that day to perform a welfare check, and found him dead on the living room floor.
The San Mateo County coroner's office confirmed that Singh died of head trauma, Matteucci said.
Investigators are hoping additional witnesses will come forward with information about the other person involved in the fight.
Anyone who might have witnessed the incident outside the BART station or who has information about a potential suspect is asked to call Burlingame police at (650) 777-4100.
burlingame, peninsula news
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 12 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 25 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 39 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
12 min ago