2 San Bruno elementary schools to remain open
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- Parents and students in San Bruno are breathing a sigh of relief after learning two elementary schools won't be closed.
The San Bruno Park School Board voted 4-1 Wednesday night to oppose the closing of any schools. The vote took place less than a week after the district superintendent released a report that recommended the closure of Crestmoor and El Crystal Elementary Schools.
The two schools are poised to become the smallest in the district once sixth-graders are shifted to a nearby middle school next year.
san bruno, school closures, school cuts, peninsula news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday