Pitchfork-wielding teen arrested in Half Moon Bay
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. -- A teenage boy wielding a pitchfork was arrested after trying to break into a home in Half Moon Bay on Thursday evening, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
The attempted burglary was reported at 5:55 p.m. at a home in the 800 block of Miramontes Street.
The suspect, a 15-year-old Moss Beach resident, allegedly broke windows in the home's basement and then walked around to the front of the house and began banging on the front window and door, sheriff's officials said.
An elderly woman living in the home opened the door and saw the teen pointing the pitchfork at her and waving it side to side, according to the sheriff's office.
The woman closed the door and called 911 and waited in her living room with her daughter while the teen continued banging on the door and window. Deputies arrived shortly afterward and took the boy into custody although he resisted arrest, sheriff's officials said.
The deputies found the broken basement window and a trail of blood. The teen had a deep cut to his finger, possibly from broken glass, according to the sheriff's office.
The teen, whose name is not being released because he is a juvenile, was booked on suspicion of residential burglary, assault with a deadly weapon, resisting an officer and making criminal threats.
Anyone who may have more information about the case is encouraged to call sheriff's Lt. Jeff Kearnan at (650) 573-2844 or call the sheriff's office tip line at (800) 547-2700.
half moon bay, crime, peninsula news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 13 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
53 min ago