Police search for man who grabbed boy in bathroom
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. -- Police in South San Francisco are asking for the public's help in identifying a man who grabbed a 12-year-old boy in the bathroom of a fast-food restaurant on Saturday afternoon.
Officers were called to a McDonald's restaurant at 587 El Camino Real on a report of an attempted kidnapping at 3:30 p.m., South San Francisco police Sgt. Bruce McPhillips said.
The boy had been in the restroom drying his hands when a man came out of a stall and stared at him for several seconds, McPhillips said.
The man then grabbed the boy in a bear hug from behind, lifted him off the ground and turned around, according to police.
The boy screamed for help, causing the suspect to drop him, McPhillips said.
The boy ran out of the restroom and found his father, who searched the area with the restaurant manager but did not find the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 30s with fair complexion and a t did not find the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 30s with fair complexion and a heavyset build. He was seen wearing a black beret and a green military jacket at the time of the incident.
Anyone who was in the area at that time and might have information helpful to the investigation is asked to call South San Francisco police at (650) 877-8900.
south san francisco, mcdonalds, peninsula news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
21 min ago