Man dies aboard boat near Half Moon Bay
A 48-year-old man died this morning after suffering an apparent heart attack while on a boat off the Half Moon Bay coast, according to a U.S. Coast Guard petty officer.
Around 8:40 a.m. the Pillar Point harbormaster responded to a call that someone aboard a 26-foot boat was having a heart attack, Coast Guard Petty Officer Roy Olson said.
Medical personnel responded and pronounced the man dead on the boat, Olson said.
There were three other passengers onboard, according to Olson.
The man's identity is being withheld as authorities investigate the death, according to the San Mateo County coroner's office.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall 58 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos