Man dies aboard boat near Half Moon Bay
A 48-year-old man died this morning after suffering an apparent heart attack while on a boat off the Half Moon Bay coast, according to a U.S. Coast Guard petty officer.
Around 8:40 a.m. the Pillar Point harbormaster responded to a call that someone aboard a 26-foot boat was having a heart attack, Coast Guard Petty Officer Roy Olson said.
Medical personnel responded and pronounced the man dead on the boat, Olson said.
There were three other passengers onboard, according to Olson.
The man's identity is being withheld as authorities investigate the death, according to the San Mateo County coroner's office.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 49 min ago
- Deep freeze grips most of United States 47 min ago
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders 34 min ago
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday 30 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
47 min ago