Man dies aboard boat near Half Moon Bay
A 48-year-old man died this morning after suffering an apparent heart attack while on a boat off the Half Moon Bay coast, according to a U.S. Coast Guard petty officer.
Around 8:40 a.m. the Pillar Point harbormaster responded to a call that someone aboard a 26-foot boat was having a heart attack, Coast Guard Petty Officer Roy Olson said.
Medical personnel responded and pronounced the man dead on the boat, Olson said.
There were three other passengers onboard, according to Olson.
The man's identity is being withheld as authorities investigate the death, according to the San Mateo County coroner's office.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday