Man dies aboard boat near Half Moon Bay
A 48-year-old man died this morning after suffering an apparent heart attack while on a boat off the Half Moon Bay coast, according to a U.S. Coast Guard petty officer.
Around 8:40 a.m. the Pillar Point harbormaster responded to a call that someone aboard a 26-foot boat was having a heart attack, Coast Guard Petty Officer Roy Olson said.
Medical personnel responded and pronounced the man dead on the boat, Olson said.
There were three other passengers onboard, according to Olson.
The man's identity is being withheld as authorities investigate the death, according to the San Mateo County coroner's office.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos