Man arrested for shooting at sister's boyfriend
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. -- Police in South San Francisco have arrested a man suspected of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend on Wednesday morning.
Officers responded to reports of gunfire at a home in the 300 block of Lux Avenue at about 9 a.m.
Fealofai Laiafa, 31, and his sister had reportedly been arguing with his sister's boyfriend, who is also the father of the woman's child, police said.
During the argument, the boyfriend allegedly went outside and broke a window to Laiafa's bedroom, police said.
Laiafa then allegedly fired one shot at the victim's feet with a pistol through the broken window, according to police.
No one was injured, and responding officers found a gun believed to be the weapon used in the shooting nearby, police said.
Officers found Laiafa to be in possession of methamphetamine, and he was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
Laiafa is being held in lieu of $50,000 bail and is due to be arraigned in San Mateo County Superior Court on Friday.
shooting, south san francisco, peninsula news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF 51 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 38 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 25 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
18 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
51 min ago