Partner sues prominent venture capital firm
MENLO PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A female partner at one of Silicon Valley's most prominent venture capital firms is suing the company for sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Ellen Pao has been an investment partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers since 2005. Her lawsuit claims she's faced six years of problems, ever since she rejected the sexual advances of a male colleague.
Kleiner has issued a statement saying it regrets the situation is being litigated publicly, and it believes the suit is without merit.
silicon valley, lawsuit, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 47 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos