Partner sues prominent venture capital firm
MENLO PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A female partner at one of Silicon Valley's most prominent venture capital firms is suing the company for sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Ellen Pao has been an investment partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers since 2005. Her lawsuit claims she's faced six years of problems, ever since she rejected the sexual advances of a male colleague.
Kleiner has issued a statement saying it regrets the situation is being litigated publicly, and it believes the suit is without merit.
silicon valley, lawsuit, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 20 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 2 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos