CHP investigates shooting on Hwy. 101
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A man was shot Friday while driving his car in Menlo Park. The shooting took place near Willow Road and Bayfront Expressway. The car was discovered on Highway 101 in Redwood City, just south of Woodside Road.
Originally police thought the shooting occurred on the Dumbarton Bridge, but the victim had just come over the bridge when a car that was following him pulled up beside him. People inside that car then started shooting at him.
According to Menlo Park Police Sgt. Kevin Paugh, the victim kept driving and was able to make some calls. One person he reached called 911, and police were then able to locate where the victim was.
The victim was treated and taken to Stanford Medical Center. His injuries are not life threatening. His Chevy was taken to the East Palo Alto Police Department for processing because they also responded to the call.
As for the investigation, all police will say is they are looking for a green compact car.
redwood city, highway 101, shooting, peninsula news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident 10 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 29 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 33 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos