CHP investigates shooting on Hwy. 101
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A man was shot Friday while driving his car in Menlo Park. The shooting took place near Willow Road and Bayfront Expressway. The car was discovered on Highway 101 in Redwood City, just south of Woodside Road.
Originally police thought the shooting occurred on the Dumbarton Bridge, but the victim had just come over the bridge when a car that was following him pulled up beside him. People inside that car then started shooting at him.
According to Menlo Park Police Sgt. Kevin Paugh, the victim kept driving and was able to make some calls. One person he reached called 911, and police were then able to locate where the victim was.
The victim was treated and taken to Stanford Medical Center. His injuries are not life threatening. His Chevy was taken to the East Palo Alto Police Department for processing because they also responded to the call.
As for the investigation, all police will say is they are looking for a green compact car.
redwood city, highway 101, shooting, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 47 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2 57 min ago
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win 51 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos