CHP investigates shooting on Hwy. 101
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A man was shot Friday while driving his car in Menlo Park. The shooting took place near Willow Road and Bayfront Expressway. The car was discovered on Highway 101 in Redwood City, just south of Woodside Road.
Originally police thought the shooting occurred on the Dumbarton Bridge, but the victim had just come over the bridge when a car that was following him pulled up beside him. People inside that car then started shooting at him.
According to Menlo Park Police Sgt. Kevin Paugh, the victim kept driving and was able to make some calls. One person he reached called 911, and police were then able to locate where the victim was.
The victim was treated and taken to Stanford Medical Center. His injuries are not life threatening. His Chevy was taken to the East Palo Alto Police Department for processing because they also responded to the call.
As for the investigation, all police will say is they are looking for a green compact car.
redwood city, highway 101, shooting, peninsula news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos