CHP investigates shooting on Hwy. 101
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A man was shot Friday while driving his car in Menlo Park. The shooting took place near Willow Road and Bayfront Expressway. The car was discovered on Highway 101 in Redwood City, just south of Woodside Road.
Originally police thought the shooting occurred on the Dumbarton Bridge, but the victim had just come over the bridge when a car that was following him pulled up beside him. People inside that car then started shooting at him.
According to Menlo Park Police Sgt. Kevin Paugh, the victim kept driving and was able to make some calls. One person he reached called 911, and police were then able to locate where the victim was.
The victim was treated and taken to Stanford Medical Center. His injuries are not life threatening. His Chevy was taken to the East Palo Alto Police Department for processing because they also responded to the call.
As for the investigation, all police will say is they are looking for a green compact car.
redwood city, highway 101, shooting, peninsula news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area 45 min ago
- Man with ties to Boston suspect fatally shot by FBI
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
51 min ago