Police seek suspect who shot at San Bruno cop
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- Police have arrested two suspects and are searching for a third suspect involved in a chase early this morning in which one of the suspects fired a handgun at a San Bruno police officer, police said.
Officers responding to a report of individuals walking on San Bruno Avenue near Fourth Avenue at about 1:45 a.m. today observed a vehicle with several occupants leaving the scene.
An officer attempted to stop the vehicle near Belle Air Elementary School, and, although the vehicle stopped, its occupants fled.
As the officer chased one of the suspects, the person turned and fired a handgun at the officer. The officer, unharmed, returned fire as the suspect continued to flee.
Police said it was unknown if that suspect was struck.
After establishing a perimeter, police located and took into custody two of the suspects, whose names have not been released.
Police described the third suspect as a Hispanic man in his early 20s who is 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs 155 pounds and was last seen wearing all dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact San Bruno police at (650) 616-7100.
san bruno, peninsula news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 16 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 51 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos