Police seek suspect who shot at San Bruno cop
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- Police have arrested two suspects and are searching for a third suspect involved in a chase early this morning in which one of the suspects fired a handgun at a San Bruno police officer, police said.
Officers responding to a report of individuals walking on San Bruno Avenue near Fourth Avenue at about 1:45 a.m. today observed a vehicle with several occupants leaving the scene.
An officer attempted to stop the vehicle near Belle Air Elementary School, and, although the vehicle stopped, its occupants fled.
As the officer chased one of the suspects, the person turned and fired a handgun at the officer. The officer, unharmed, returned fire as the suspect continued to flee.
Police said it was unknown if that suspect was struck.
After establishing a perimeter, police located and took into custody two of the suspects, whose names have not been released.
Police described the third suspect as a Hispanic man in his early 20s who is 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs 155 pounds and was last seen wearing all dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact San Bruno police at (650) 616-7100.
san bruno, peninsula news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire 34 min ago
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 35 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos