Aragon swim coach arrested on molestation charges
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- An Aragon High School swim coach on the peninsula is under arrest after a female student says he touched her.
Thursday night there were graduation ceremonies for the senior class and one day later, police arrested a swim coach. A number of people connected to the school still hadn't heard about what happened.
Police picked up 25-year-old Joshua David Tatro of El Granada. He's been a swim and water polo coach at Aragon High School for the past year.
San Mateo police say they started their investigation about two and a half weeks ago. They say a female student who is a minor claimed that Tatro touched her inappropriately during the past year.
The alleged incident was brought to the attention of school officials who called San Mateo police. On Friday, Tatro was taken into custody and booked on one count of sexual assault on a minor and one count of lewd acts with a minor.
On Friday night the school board president had no comment on the matter. Police say they're working with the school district to make sure students are safe and they're asking anyone with relevant information about this case to come forward.
san mateo, peninsula news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 11 min ago
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Shooting in Oakland kills 1, injures another
- Crews battle fire at inner Mission apartment building
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos