Prom held for children at Lucille Packard Hospital
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A very special prom was held at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto. The theme was "Mysteries of the Deep". More than 125 patients and their guests attended the event which offers a chance for teens to experience a prom even if they couldn't attend their own.
"You really miss out when you're in hospital school, so it's really nice to be able to get together with everybody," said Jose Iniguez, who is 16 years old.
"I get to see all of my friends here and I get to do my first ever prom," said Luke O'Moore, who is 8 years old.
Any kids who attended the hospital school in the past year were invited. The hospital says the goal is to help give patients as close to a normal a life as possible.
lucile packard children's hospital, palo alto, peninsula news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire 50 min ago
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Woman attacked by girls on Muni Metro train
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: 'Night Stalker's' cause of death; CA water
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday