Search for missing 3-year-old ends in tragedy
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- A search for a missing girl ended in tragedy after she was found dead in an apparent drowning Saturday in the San Mateo Lagoon.
The 3-year-old-girl had gone missing earlier in the day and police discovered her body late in the afternoon. The accident happened just off Day Street in San Mateo.
San Mateo Police Department Lt. Pat Molloy said the child was located in the water and pulled from the lagoon. Officers and emergency personnel tried to revive the child but were unsuccessful.
Molloy said investigators will now interview the family. They will try to find out how the girl, who has other siblings, managed to get to the water.
There are a lot of other families in the area with children and the neighborhood has been hit hard by the tragedy.
child death, san mateo, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 25 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 33 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 7 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 47 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 55 min ago