Search for missing 3-year-old ends in tragedy
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- A search for a missing girl ended in tragedy after she was found dead in an apparent drowning Saturday in the San Mateo Lagoon.
The 3-year-old-girl had gone missing earlier in the day and police discovered her body late in the afternoon. The accident happened just off Day Street in San Mateo.
San Mateo Police Department Lt. Pat Molloy said the child was located in the water and pulled from the lagoon. Officers and emergency personnel tried to revive the child but were unsuccessful.
Molloy said investigators will now interview the family. They will try to find out how the girl, who has other siblings, managed to get to the water.
There are a lot of other families in the area with children and the neighborhood has been hit hard by the tragedy.
child death, san mateo, peninsula news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court 45 min ago
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1 47 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel 21 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia 17 min ago
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track 34 min ago
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF to vote on new regulations for food trucks 30 min ago
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs 36 min ago
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Suited men duke it out in road rage brawl
3 min ago