Two arrested in Redwood City arson investigation
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Two men have been arrested in the investigation of two suspicious car fires in Redwood city early Monday morning.
The two cars went up in flames along Linden Street around 3 a.m. One was parked on the street and the other was parked in an apartment carport about 15 yards away. Investigators say they're too far apart for one car to have started the other one on fire.
Two weeks ago, another car fire about one mile away from this morning's fire caused major damage to a nearby apartment building sending 25 residents running for safety. Two units were destroyed and eight others were damaged but no one was hurt.
Monday's fires did not spread to any other buildings. Firefighters say there were able to put the fires out in about 15 minutes and no injuries were reported.
redwood city, arson, crime, fire, peninsula news, amy hollyfield
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 2 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos