Brush fire comes close to South San Francisco sign
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- A grass fire burned dangerously close to the famous South San Francisco: The Industrial City sign Friday afternoon.
Police sources say they believe the fire, which broke out around 4:45 p.m., was started by juveniles possibly playing with fireworks.
CalFire was dispatched to Sign Hill in South San Francisco and had the fire under control within an hour.
No homes were threatened. The fire appeared to be under control by 5:45 p.m.
No homes were threatened.
south san francisco, fire, peninsula news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday