Brush fire comes close to South San Francisco sign
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- A grass fire burned dangerously close to the famous South San Francisco: The Industrial City sign Friday afternoon.
Police sources say they believe the fire, which broke out around 4:45 p.m., was started by juveniles possibly playing with fireworks.
CalFire was dispatched to Sign Hill in South San Francisco and had the fire under control within an hour.
No homes were threatened. The fire appeared to be under control by 5:45 p.m.
No homes were threatened.
south san francisco, fire, peninsula news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area 31 min ago
- Man with ties to Boston suspect fatally shot by FBI
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
37 min ago