Brush fire comes close to South San Francisco sign
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- A grass fire burned dangerously close to the famous South San Francisco: The Industrial City sign Friday afternoon.
Police sources say they believe the fire, which broke out around 4:45 p.m., was started by juveniles possibly playing with fireworks.
CalFire was dispatched to Sign Hill in South San Francisco and had the fire under control within an hour.
No homes were threatened. The fire appeared to be under control by 5:45 p.m.
No homes were threatened.
south san francisco, fire, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 9 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 12 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos