Brush fire comes close to South San Francisco sign
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- A grass fire burned dangerously close to the famous South San Francisco: The Industrial City sign Friday afternoon.
Police sources say they believe the fire, which broke out around 4:45 p.m., was started by juveniles possibly playing with fireworks.
CalFire was dispatched to Sign Hill in South San Francisco and had the fire under control within an hour.
No homes were threatened. The fire appeared to be under control by 5:45 p.m.
No homes were threatened.
south san francisco, fire, peninsula news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 18 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety 36 min ago
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 23 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates 33 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 35 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos