Caretaker suspected of embezzling $60,000
MILLBRAE, Calif. -- A South San Francisco woman was arrested Saturday for allegedly embezzling $60,000 from an elderly woman's account, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
The 81-year-old victim learned from her financial advisor that there were discrepancies with a number of personal checks, according to the sheriff's office.
Further investigation revealed that the victim's caretaker, Illein Cuneta Quesada, 44, appeared to have been altering the victim's personal checks since May 2011, resulting in the cumulative loss of more than $60,000.
Quesada was questioned by investigators on Saturday and allegedly admitted her involvement in the embezzlement, according to the sheriff's office.
Quesada was arrested for embezzlement, check fraud and elder abuse.
She is scheduled to be arraigned in Redwood City on Monday.
crime, millbrae, peninsula news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos