Wayward dolphin appears to have left SSF
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- A Marine Mammal Center volunteer says he does not see a wayward dolphin in a creek in South San Francisco.
He said the bottle nosed dolphin appears to have made its way back to open water. Yesterday, it decided to swim into Colma Creek, near the Costco on South Airport Boulevard. Onlookers lined the shoreline.. hoping to catch a glimpse. Marine mammal experts say dolphins sometimes swim into very shallow water or even come up onto beaches as a way to catch fish.
animal, animals in peril, south san francisco, marine mammal center, peninsula news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 1 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
2 min ago