Wayward dolphin appears to have left SSF
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- A Marine Mammal Center volunteer says he does not see a wayward dolphin in a creek in South San Francisco.
He said the bottle nosed dolphin appears to have made its way back to open water. Yesterday, it decided to swim into Colma Creek, near the Costco on South Airport Boulevard. Onlookers lined the shoreline.. hoping to catch a glimpse. Marine mammal experts say dolphins sometimes swim into very shallow water or even come up onto beaches as a way to catch fish.
animal, animals in peril, south san francisco, marine mammal center, peninsula news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 20 min ago
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires 50 min ago
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday