A two-year-old child has died after a two-alarm house fire in San Bruno
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A two-year-old child has died after a two-alarm fire at a home on Lake Drive in San Bruno.
The fire broke out about 8:45 a.m. and mutual fire crews responded from all over the northern Peninsula. The fire quickly grew to two-alarms, but it was controlled in about 15 minutes. A relative of the family who lives there said seven of her relatives, including her grandparents, live in the house.
"I noticed there was people scrambling in and out of the house from the construction site next door. They had immediately alerted me that there was a two-year-old inside that was trapped," said neighbor Ken Hayes.
The child died at the hospital. A 30-year-old woman is in critical condition; a 69-year-old man has burns, but there is no word yet on how severe. The man apparently went back into house to try to rescue the child and woman. Some neighbors put a ladder up to a window and rescued at least one person from the house. The fire broke out in the second floor hallway outside the bedrooms.
san bruno, fire, peninsula news, vic lee
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday