A two-year-old child has died after a two-alarm house fire in San Bruno
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A two-year-old child has died after a two-alarm fire at a home on Lake Drive in San Bruno.
The fire broke out about 8:45 a.m. and mutual fire crews responded from all over the northern Peninsula. The fire quickly grew to two-alarms, but it was controlled in about 15 minutes. A relative of the family who lives there said seven of her relatives, including her grandparents, live in the house.
"I noticed there was people scrambling in and out of the house from the construction site next door. They had immediately alerted me that there was a two-year-old inside that was trapped," said neighbor Ken Hayes.
The child died at the hospital. A 30-year-old woman is in critical condition; a 69-year-old man has burns, but there is no word yet on how severe. The man apparently went back into house to try to rescue the child and woman. Some neighbors put a ladder up to a window and rescued at least one person from the house. The fire broke out in the second floor hallway outside the bedrooms.
san bruno, fire, peninsula news, vic lee
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday