A two-year-old child has died after a two-alarm house fire in San Bruno
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A two-year-old child has died after a two-alarm fire at a home on Lake Drive in San Bruno.
The fire broke out about 8:45 a.m. and mutual fire crews responded from all over the northern Peninsula. The fire quickly grew to two-alarms, but it was controlled in about 15 minutes. A relative of the family who lives there said seven of her relatives, including her grandparents, live in the house.
"I noticed there was people scrambling in and out of the house from the construction site next door. They had immediately alerted me that there was a two-year-old inside that was trapped," said neighbor Ken Hayes.
The child died at the hospital. A 30-year-old woman is in critical condition; a 69-year-old man has burns, but there is no word yet on how severe. The man apparently went back into house to try to rescue the child and woman. Some neighbors put a ladder up to a window and rescued at least one person from the house. The fire broke out in the second floor hallway outside the bedrooms.
san bruno, fire, peninsula news, vic lee
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 2 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos