Grass fire comes close to East Palo Alto homes
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A two-alarm grass fire briefly came close to homes in East Palo Alto Tuesday afternoon.
The fire, which broke out at 5:43 p.m., came close to homes on the 2000 block of Illinois Street as it burned near the Ravenswood Open Space Preserve.
Firefighters had the fire under control by 6:45 p.m.
No homes were damaged. No injuries were reported.
east palo alto, fire, peninsula news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 13 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety 31 min ago
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 18 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates 28 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 30 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos