Grass fire comes close to East Palo Alto homes
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A two-alarm grass fire briefly came close to homes in East Palo Alto Tuesday afternoon.
The fire, which broke out at 5:43 p.m., came close to homes on the 2000 block of Illinois Street as it burned near the Ravenswood Open Space Preserve.
Firefighters had the fire under control by 6:45 p.m.
No homes were damaged. No injuries were reported.
east palo alto, fire, peninsula news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos