Grass fire comes close to East Palo Alto homes
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A two-alarm grass fire briefly came close to homes in East Palo Alto Tuesday afternoon.
The fire, which broke out at 5:43 p.m., came close to homes on the 2000 block of Illinois Street as it burned near the Ravenswood Open Space Preserve.
Firefighters had the fire under control by 6:45 p.m.
No homes were damaged. No injuries were reported.
east palo alto, fire, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos