Grass fire comes close to East Palo Alto homes
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A two-alarm grass fire briefly came close to homes in East Palo Alto Tuesday afternoon.
The fire, which broke out at 5:43 p.m., came close to homes on the 2000 block of Illinois Street as it burned near the Ravenswood Open Space Preserve.
Firefighters had the fire under control by 6:45 p.m.
No homes were damaged. No injuries were reported.
east palo alto, fire, peninsula news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 44 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts