Hwy-380 exit onto El Camino Real closed for fatal crash
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- A Sig-alert has been issued on state Highway 82 in San Bruno this afternoon after a fatal multi-vehicle crash was reported this afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The fatal crash was reported at 12:30 p.m. at Sneath Lane. The alert was issued at 1:10 p.m., CHP Officer James Evans said.
The CHP has since closed the westbound Interstate Highway 380 exit onto El Camino Real.
The accident involved many vehicles and left at least one person dead, Evans said.
San Bruno police also responded to the fatal crash, Evans said. The CHP did not have an estimate when the area would reopen.
Officials advised avoiding northbound El Camino Real because of long delays expected in the area.
crash, I-380, peninsula news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- I-Team obtains San Quentin crisis videos
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday