Hwy-380 exit onto El Camino Real closed for fatal crash
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- A Sig-alert has been issued on state Highway 82 in San Bruno this afternoon after a fatal multi-vehicle crash was reported this afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The fatal crash was reported at 12:30 p.m. at Sneath Lane. The alert was issued at 1:10 p.m., CHP Officer James Evans said.
The CHP has since closed the westbound Interstate Highway 380 exit onto El Camino Real.
The accident involved many vehicles and left at least one person dead, Evans said.
San Bruno police also responded to the fatal crash, Evans said. The CHP did not have an estimate when the area would reopen.
Officials advised avoiding northbound El Camino Real because of long delays expected in the area.
crash, I-380, peninsula news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 9 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
49 min ago