Hwy-380 exit onto El Camino Real closed for fatal crash
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- A Sig-alert has been issued on state Highway 82 in San Bruno this afternoon after a fatal multi-vehicle crash was reported this afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The fatal crash was reported at 12:30 p.m. at Sneath Lane. The alert was issued at 1:10 p.m., CHP Officer James Evans said.
The CHP has since closed the westbound Interstate Highway 380 exit onto El Camino Real.
The accident involved many vehicles and left at least one person dead, Evans said.
San Bruno police also responded to the fatal crash, Evans said. The CHP did not have an estimate when the area would reopen.
Officials advised avoiding northbound El Camino Real because of long delays expected in the area.
crash, I-380, peninsula news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos