Hwy-380 exit onto El Camino Real closed for fatal crash
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- A Sig-alert has been issued on state Highway 82 in San Bruno this afternoon after a fatal multi-vehicle crash was reported this afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The fatal crash was reported at 12:30 p.m. at Sneath Lane. The alert was issued at 1:10 p.m., CHP Officer James Evans said.
The CHP has since closed the westbound Interstate Highway 380 exit onto El Camino Real.
The accident involved many vehicles and left at least one person dead, Evans said.
San Bruno police also responded to the fatal crash, Evans said. The CHP did not have an estimate when the area would reopen.
Officials advised avoiding northbound El Camino Real because of long delays expected in the area.
crash, I-380, peninsula news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos