Woman injured in 2-alarm house fire
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A home was destroyed and a woman sustained minor burns after a 2-alarm fire in East Palo Alto Tuesday afternoon.
The fire began around 2:15 p.m. when a 9-year-old boy was playing with a candle in the garage of a home on the 100 block of Jasime Way.
The boy's mother sustained minor burns to her arm while trying to ensure her family was out of the house. No other injuries were reported.
east palo alto, fire, peninsula news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 53 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area 53 min ago
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday