Woman injured in 2-alarm house fire
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A home was destroyed and a woman sustained minor burns after a 2-alarm fire in East Palo Alto Tuesday afternoon.
The fire began around 2:15 p.m. when a 9-year-old boy was playing with a candle in the garage of a home on the 100 block of Jasime Way.
The boy's mother sustained minor burns to her arm while trying to ensure her family was out of the house. No other injuries were reported.
east palo alto, fire, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown