Brush fire prompts Palo Alto University evacuation
PORTOLA VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews battled a brush fire in Portola Valley near Alpine and Arastradero road Wednesday afternoon that burned about five acres.
As a precautionary measure, about 100 students at Palo Alto University were evacuated.
fire, portola valley, peninsula news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday