Deputies seek suspect in series of armed robberies
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- San Mateo County sheriff's deputies are seeking a suspect in connection with a series of armed robberies that occurred this week in Redwood City.
The suspect was armed with a dark-colored semi-automatic pistol and took an undisclosed amount of cash in all three robberies.
The first armed robbery occurred at Willow Market at 37 Willow St. at 7:43 p.m. Tuesday, sheriff's officials said.
The next armed robbery occurred the following day at Panaderia Michoacan Market at 2561 El Camino Real at 3:34 p.m.
The third armed robbery occurred Thursday at 1:03 p.m. at El Paisano Carniceria Market at 2856 Middlefield Road, according to the sheriff's office.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his 20s or 30s, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a thin build and short dark hair.
Anyone who may have witnessed the robberies or has information about the suspect is asked to contact Detective Andy Armando at (650) 363-4347 or via email at aarmandosmcgov.org. People wishing to remain anonymous can call (800) 547-2700.
redwood city, crime, peninsula news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos