Baby owls nesting in waterfront hotel near SFO
BURLINGAME, Calif. (KGO) -- Guests at a luxury hotel near SFO are getting more than just a spectacular view. They're getting a close-up look at Mother Nature in action.
Adorable baby barn owls were hatched -- of all places -- in a nest on the eleventh floor balcony of the Marriott Waterfront Hotel in Burlingame.
Their parents made their nest there about six weeks ago. Since then, the hotel has become owl central.
The Marriott is making the best of the situation. It's giving out toy owls to guests and encouraging people to come around twilight to see the young birds flying around the hotel.
The San Mateo SPCA says it's likely the owls will come back year after year to the same nest.
burlingame, san francisco international airport, animal, peninsula news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak 10 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year 15 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial 39 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 7 On Your Side: Affordable home automation
9 min ago