Baby owls nesting in waterfront hotel near SFO
BURLINGAME, Calif. (KGO) -- Guests at a luxury hotel near SFO are getting more than just a spectacular view. They're getting a close-up look at Mother Nature in action.
Adorable baby barn owls were hatched -- of all places -- in a nest on the eleventh floor balcony of the Marriott Waterfront Hotel in Burlingame.
Their parents made their nest there about six weeks ago. Since then, the hotel has become owl central.
The Marriott is making the best of the situation. It's giving out toy owls to guests and encouraging people to come around twilight to see the young birds flying around the hotel.
The San Mateo SPCA says it's likely the owls will come back year after year to the same nest.
burlingame, san francisco international airport, animal, peninsula news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 37 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts