Mountain lion spotted in San Mateo Highlands
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- A mountain lion was spotted Friday morning in the San Mateo Highlands, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The big cat was seen near the 1700 block of Lexington Avenue in unincorporated San Mateo.
The animal was walking through San Francisco Watershed property, officials said.
Officials warn if residents see a mountain lion to not approach it and avoid confrontation.
To learn more about mountain lions and how to behave around them visit www.keepmewild.org
animal, san mateo, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 20 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges 38 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 51 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
36 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos