Robber threatens to shoot woman's unborn baby
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Redwood City police are looking for a serial armed robber who even threatened a pregnant clerk. His image was captured by a surveillance camera during one of the heists. Since last week, police say this guy has hit five locations all in the same area of Redwood City.
During one of the robberies at a Redwood City gas station last weekend, the suspect pulled out a gun and pointed it at a pregnant clerk's stomach.
The clerk, Maria Torres, is still visibly shaken. She explained the robber said, "Hey, I'm sorry you have a baby. Open the drawer." She's finding it hard to get past the terror she felt.
The robbery spree started on Aug. 7 and the gunman struck a market on Middlefield Road the very next day where the owner's eight security cameras captured a remarkably clear shot of his face.
"He's done a lot of robberies and it's sad. We all work hard and the little you earn, it gets taken away in minutes. They still haven't caught him, but I know they're on him," said market owner Pedro Baez.
Residents are passing around photos of the suspect as CrimeStoppers is offering up to $3,500 in reward money for information leading to his arrest.
The armed robber last struck the Hacienda Taqueria Tuesday afternoon, stuffing the money in his pockets as he walked away.
"We're worried about him because of the frequency of the robberies and he is robbing these people with a handgun so we are very concerned about the public safety," said Redwood City Police Sgt. Sean Hart.
A lot of the people we spoke to were posting pictures of this suspect and there's a feeling that with the surveillance video circulating, there's a good chance they may be able to track him down.
redwood city, crime, peninsula news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 10 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 48 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 16 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 47 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 54 min ago
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 35 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
25 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
48 min ago