Robber threatens to shoot woman's unborn baby
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Redwood City police are looking for a serial armed robber who even threatened a pregnant clerk. His image was captured by a surveillance camera during one of the heists. Since last week, police say this guy has hit five locations all in the same area of Redwood City.
During one of the robberies at a Redwood City gas station last weekend, the suspect pulled out a gun and pointed it at a pregnant clerk's stomach.
The clerk, Maria Torres, is still visibly shaken. She explained the robber said, "Hey, I'm sorry you have a baby. Open the drawer." She's finding it hard to get past the terror she felt.
The robbery spree started on Aug. 7 and the gunman struck a market on Middlefield Road the very next day where the owner's eight security cameras captured a remarkably clear shot of his face.
"He's done a lot of robberies and it's sad. We all work hard and the little you earn, it gets taken away in minutes. They still haven't caught him, but I know they're on him," said market owner Pedro Baez.
Residents are passing around photos of the suspect as CrimeStoppers is offering up to $3,500 in reward money for information leading to his arrest.
The armed robber last struck the Hacienda Taqueria Tuesday afternoon, stuffing the money in his pockets as he walked away.
"We're worried about him because of the frequency of the robberies and he is robbing these people with a handgun so we are very concerned about the public safety," said Redwood City Police Sgt. Sean Hart.
A lot of the people we spoke to were posting pictures of this suspect and there's a feeling that with the surveillance video circulating, there's a good chance they may be able to track him down.
redwood city, crime, peninsula news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident 10 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 29 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 33 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos