Bicyclist killed in crash with truck in Burlingame
BURLINGAME, Calif. -- A 75-year-old bicyclist was killed in a collision with a truck in Burlingame Monday afternoon, according to police.
Officers responded to reports of a collision involving a bicycle rider in the 1100 block of Cortez Avenue at about 12:15 p.m., according to the Burlingame Police Department.
Preliminary information indicated that the bicyclist was heading south alongside the truck when he attempted to turn left, police said.
He hit the side of the truck and was run over, police said. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The truck driver stopped at the scene and cooperated with police.
There was no indication that a crime contributed to the crash, police said.
The victim's name was not released pending notification of his family.
burlingame, peninsula news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 5 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 24 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in... 52 min ago
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos