Bicyclist killed in crash with truck in Burlingame
BURLINGAME, Calif. -- A 75-year-old bicyclist was killed in a collision with a truck in Burlingame Monday afternoon, according to police.
Officers responded to reports of a collision involving a bicycle rider in the 1100 block of Cortez Avenue at about 12:15 p.m., according to the Burlingame Police Department.
Preliminary information indicated that the bicyclist was heading south alongside the truck when he attempted to turn left, police said.
He hit the side of the truck and was run over, police said. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The truck driver stopped at the scene and cooperated with police.
There was no indication that a crime contributed to the crash, police said.
The victim's name was not released pending notification of his family.
burlingame, peninsula news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case