Bicyclist killed in crash with truck in Burlingame
BURLINGAME, Calif. -- A 75-year-old bicyclist was killed in a collision with a truck in Burlingame Monday afternoon, according to police.
Officers responded to reports of a collision involving a bicycle rider in the 1100 block of Cortez Avenue at about 12:15 p.m., according to the Burlingame Police Department.
Preliminary information indicated that the bicyclist was heading south alongside the truck when he attempted to turn left, police said.
He hit the side of the truck and was run over, police said. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The truck driver stopped at the scene and cooperated with police.
There was no indication that a crime contributed to the crash, police said.
The victim's name was not released pending notification of his family.
burlingame, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 58 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 56 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos