Bicyclist killed in crash with truck in Burlingame
BURLINGAME, Calif. -- A 75-year-old bicyclist was killed in a collision with a truck in Burlingame Monday afternoon, according to police.
Officers responded to reports of a collision involving a bicycle rider in the 1100 block of Cortez Avenue at about 12:15 p.m., according to the Burlingame Police Department.
Preliminary information indicated that the bicyclist was heading south alongside the truck when he attempted to turn left, police said.
He hit the side of the truck and was run over, police said. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The truck driver stopped at the scene and cooperated with police.
There was no indication that a crime contributed to the crash, police said.
The victim's name was not released pending notification of his family.
burlingame, peninsula news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 6 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 23 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 12 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos