Bicyclist killed in crash with truck in Burlingame
BURLINGAME, Calif. -- A 75-year-old bicyclist was killed in a collision with a truck in Burlingame Monday afternoon, according to police.
Officers responded to reports of a collision involving a bicycle rider in the 1100 block of Cortez Avenue at about 12:15 p.m., according to the Burlingame Police Department.
Preliminary information indicated that the bicyclist was heading south alongside the truck when he attempted to turn left, police said.
He hit the side of the truck and was run over, police said. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The truck driver stopped at the scene and cooperated with police.
There was no indication that a crime contributed to the crash, police said.
The victim's name was not released pending notification of his family.
burlingame, peninsula news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 51
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison 10 min ago
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda 37 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized 41 min ago
- 16-year-old killed in San Jose bike accident 12 min ago
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in...
35 min ago