Samtrans launching new weekend service
SAN MATEO -- SamTrans is combining two routes on El Camino Real and launching the new ECR weekend service Sunday as a pilot project.
The new ECR route runs between the Palo Alto Caltrain Station and the Daly City BART station every 20 minutes through most of the day, serving all BART stations, Muni and Caltrain connections along the way.
The new route combines the 390 and 391 routes and will provide a single schedule that is simpler and more convenient, SamTrans officials say. In addition, it is expected to improve on-time performance and provides greater flexibility to SamTrans in managing its bus schedules.
The ECR route is the result of an 18-month study looking at ways SamTrans can better serve passenger. If the new route is a success, service on it could be expanded to weekdays.
samtrans, peninsula news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 45 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 34 min ago
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati 28 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
47 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water...
34 min ago
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in...
28 min ago