Samtrans launching new weekend service
SAN MATEO -- SamTrans is combining two routes on El Camino Real and launching the new ECR weekend service Sunday as a pilot project.
The new ECR route runs between the Palo Alto Caltrain Station and the Daly City BART station every 20 minutes through most of the day, serving all BART stations, Muni and Caltrain connections along the way.
The new route combines the 390 and 391 routes and will provide a single schedule that is simpler and more convenient, SamTrans officials say. In addition, it is expected to improve on-time performance and provides greater flexibility to SamTrans in managing its bus schedules.
The ECR route is the result of an 18-month study looking at ways SamTrans can better serve passenger. If the new route is a success, service on it could be expanded to weekdays.
samtrans, peninsula news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'... 47 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack 35 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use 22 min ago
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos