Gas line break closes roads in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews have capped a gas line that broke in San Mateo Friday prompting evacuations and several road closures.
PG&E says a third party construction crew hit a 1.25-inch line while working at West 20th Avenue and Elkhorn Court. The leak was reported at 12:49 p.m.
West 20th Avenue was closed for two blocks starting at El Camino Real. Nearby buildings were evacuated.
san mateo, gas leak, PG&E, evacuation, peninsula news
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries 39 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 54 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire 8 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos