Man and girl rescued after boat capsizes
A 16-year-old girl and a 51-year-old man were rescued after their boat capsized south of the San Mateo Bridge Friday afternoon, according to Alameda County fire officials.
The 14-foot boat capsized around a mile and a half south of the bridge, stranding the man and girl in the water around 200 yards away from the boat, fire department spokeswoman Aisha Knowles said.
The fire department was contacted for help shortly after 4 p.m., Knowles said.
A fire department rescue boat retrieved the two and took them to the Redwood City marina for medical attention.
rescue, san francisco bay, san mateo bridge, boats, peninsula news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos