Man and girl rescued after boat capsizes
A 16-year-old girl and a 51-year-old man were rescued after their boat capsized south of the San Mateo Bridge Friday afternoon, according to Alameda County fire officials.
The 14-foot boat capsized around a mile and a half south of the bridge, stranding the man and girl in the water around 200 yards away from the boat, fire department spokeswoman Aisha Knowles said.
The fire department was contacted for help shortly after 4 p.m., Knowles said.
A fire department rescue boat retrieved the two and took them to the Redwood City marina for medical attention.
rescue, san francisco bay, san mateo bridge, boats, peninsula news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 5 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 35 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- GM to offer loaners to owners of recalled cars 3 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville... 6 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos