Man and girl rescued after boat capsizes
A 16-year-old girl and a 51-year-old man were rescued after their boat capsized south of the San Mateo Bridge Friday afternoon, according to Alameda County fire officials.
The 14-foot boat capsized around a mile and a half south of the bridge, stranding the man and girl in the water around 200 yards away from the boat, fire department spokeswoman Aisha Knowles said.
The fire department was contacted for help shortly after 4 p.m., Knowles said.
A fire department rescue boat retrieved the two and took them to the Redwood City marina for medical attention.
rescue, san francisco bay, san mateo bridge, boats, peninsula news
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 48 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
48 min ago