Man and girl rescued after boat capsizes
A 16-year-old girl and a 51-year-old man were rescued after their boat capsized south of the San Mateo Bridge Friday afternoon, according to Alameda County fire officials.
The 14-foot boat capsized around a mile and a half south of the bridge, stranding the man and girl in the water around 200 yards away from the boat, fire department spokeswoman Aisha Knowles said.
The fire department was contacted for help shortly after 4 p.m., Knowles said.
A fire department rescue boat retrieved the two and took them to the Redwood City marina for medical attention.
rescue, san francisco bay, san mateo bridge, boats, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos