Ceremonial groundbreaking at children's hospital
PALO ALTO (KGO) -- A ceremonial groundbreaking in Palo Alto took place Thursday for the massive expansion of Lucile Packard Children's Hospital.
The new facility will include of 521,000 square feet of new space, 104 more patient rooms, and the latest high-tech equipment.
Officials say the expansion is needed to meet the growing need for specialized pediatric and obstetric care
Actual construction begins later this fall. Officials hope to have it completed by the winter of 2016.
palo alto, lucile packard children's hospital, peninsula news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday