Palo Alto City Council considers ban on marijuana dispensaries
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Palo Alto City Council is considering a ban on medical marijuana dispensaries.
According to the Bay Area News Group, three council members are seeking to fight a measure on the November ballot that would allow as many as three dispensaries to operate in Palo Alto. They claim that allowing the pot clubs to open would lead to secondary effects in neighborhoods, such as illicit drug sales and criminal activity.
Other peninsula cities including Mountain View and Redwood City have moved to ban dispensaries.
palo alto, marijuana, peninsula news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 48 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos