Wind surfer rescued off Coyote Point Park
COYOTE POINT PARK (KGO) -- A wind surfer has been found alive after being stranded in the San Francisco Bay for more than three hours.
Just before 6:30 p.m. Saturday, 50-year old Ante Bujan got stranded off Coyote Point Park when the wind died down.He was found a half-mile offshore clinging to his board shortly before 10 p.m. Bujan had been wind surfing with his son before he went out on his own. He was taken to the hospital for observation.
san francisco bay, san mateo, rescue, peninsula news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos