Wind surfer rescued off Coyote Point Park
COYOTE POINT PARK (KGO) -- A wind surfer has been found alive after being stranded in the San Francisco Bay for more than three hours.
Just before 6:30 p.m. Saturday, 50-year old Ante Bujan got stranded off Coyote Point Park when the wind died down.He was found a half-mile offshore clinging to his board shortly before 10 p.m. Bujan had been wind surfing with his son before he went out on his own. He was taken to the hospital for observation.
san francisco bay, san mateo, rescue, peninsula news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 27 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
27 min ago