SFPD seek help in solving April fatal shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police are asking for the public's help in determining who killed a young man on a busy San Francisco thoroughfare in April.
Lawrence Richardson, 21, was shot shortly after 10:30 p.m. on April 2 as he was leaving a grocery store at the intersection of Divisadero and Eddy streets.
He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. He is survived his mother, father, and his 1-year-old daughter, according to police.
Police believe there was more than one person involved in the shooting, and investigators are seeking possible witnesses to the crime or anyone with information that may lead to arrests in the case.
Anyone with information about the killing is asked to call Inspectors Velarde or Dedet or Sgt. Warnke of the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145.
eople wishing to remain anonymous can call the department's tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 and start the message with "SFPD."
SFPD, crime, peninsula news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday