SFPD seek help in solving April fatal shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police are asking for the public's help in determining who killed a young man on a busy San Francisco thoroughfare in April.
Lawrence Richardson, 21, was shot shortly after 10:30 p.m. on April 2 as he was leaving a grocery store at the intersection of Divisadero and Eddy streets.
He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. He is survived his mother, father, and his 1-year-old daughter, according to police.
Police believe there was more than one person involved in the shooting, and investigators are seeking possible witnesses to the crime or anyone with information that may lead to arrests in the case.
Anyone with information about the killing is asked to call Inspectors Velarde or Dedet or Sgt. Warnke of the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145.
eople wishing to remain anonymous can call the department's tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 and start the message with "SFPD."
SFPD, crime, peninsula news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 55 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities 44 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos