Police release video of burglar breaking into home
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Redwood City police are asking for the public's help in identifying a burglar who was captured on video breaking into a home last month.
The burglary occurred in the 1100 block of Lyons Street at around 1 p.m. on Aug. 30, according to Redwood City police.
Private security cameras filmed the burglar ringing a front doorbell, and then entering the home through a rear sliding-glass door that was left unlocked.
Electronic items and jewelry were stolen, police said.
The male suspect appears to be between 16 and 21 years old and about 5 feet 7 to 5 feet 9 inches tall. He has a medium build, black hair and brown eyes.
The video footage can be viewed online at: http://vimeo.com/49685183.
Anyone with information about the suspect is asked to contact Redwood City police Detective Dave Stahler at (650) 780-7620. Callers wishing to remain anonymous can call (800) 222-8477.
redwood city, crime, caught on tape, peninsula news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos