Teens arrested driving replica police vehicle
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. -- Three juveniles on Friday were arrested in Half Moon Bay driving a replica police vehicle and wearing military gear that had been stolen from a California National Guardsman, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
The vehicle was pulled over on state Highway 1 and Kelley Avenue at about 3:35 a.m., according to the sheriff's office.
The car was equipped with a black push bar on the front grill, black window cages on both rear passenger windows, and lights installed on the front and back that made it appear to be an official police vehicle, the sheriff's office said.
There were three teenagers inside the car: a 16-year-old and 17-year-old from Vallejo, and a 17-year-old from Half Moon Bay.
One of the juveniles was wearing a camouflaged military jacket and a bulletproof vest, and further investigation revealed a Camel hydration system and military shirt that were inside the vehicle.
Deputies contacted the headquarters of the California National Guard in Sacramento and found that the items were stolen during a burglary on Thursday.
The juvenile who had the stolen items was booked at Hillcrest Juvenile Hall on charges of possession of stolen property.
The driver was cited for driving a replica police vehicle and released into the custody of his family.
The third teenager was also cited and released into the custody of his family.
half moon bay, crime, peninsula news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos