Parents file claim against school over alleged abuse
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- The parents of a Redwood City elementary school student allegedly abused by a teacher have filed a $1 million claim against the school district and the teacher.
Alexia Bogdis, 44, is accused of a series of violent attacks on children suffering from developmental disabilities. She taught special education at the Roosevelt Middle School and faces trial later this year.
The little boy whose parents filed the claim Tuesday had to be hospitalized.
Filing a claim is a precursor to filing a lawsuit.
redwood city, crime, children, lawsuit, peninsula news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos