Parents file claim against school over alleged abuse
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- The parents of a Redwood City elementary school student allegedly abused by a teacher have filed a $1 million claim against the school district and the teacher.
Alexia Bogdis, 44, is accused of a series of violent attacks on children suffering from developmental disabilities. She taught special education at the Roosevelt Middle School and faces trial later this year.
The little boy whose parents filed the claim Tuesday had to be hospitalized.
Filing a claim is a precursor to filing a lawsuit.
redwood city, crime, children, lawsuit, peninsula news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in SF near Stern Grove
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos